The paper caper / Kate Carlisle.
- ISBN: 9798885784054
- Physical Description: 469 pages (large print) ; 23 cm.
- Edition: Large print edition.
- Publisher: Waterville, ME : Wheeler Publishing, a part of Gale, a Cengage Company, 2022.
- Copyright: ©2022.
Brooklyn is excited to be included in the Covington Library's first annual Mark Twain Festival. She'll rebind a rare first edition of The Prince and the Pauper before an enthusiastic audience of book nerds - her favourite people. The festival is the passion project of wealthy media mogul, book lover and newspaper owner Joseph Cabot, who considers himself Twain's biggest fan. Brooklyn's hunky husband, Derek, and his security team once rescued Joseph from a corporate kidnapping attempt. Now Derek and his agents are charged with keeping Joseph and his beautiful young wife safe during the festivities taking place all over town. The centrepiece of the festival is a citywide contest based on The Prince and the Pauper: one lucky look-alike will trade places with Joseph for a few days - with access to all the money and power that Joseph commands. Brooklyn and Derek worry that the contest might be generating some dangerous attention. And when someone is mysteriously poisoned right before Brooklyn's eyes, she's not convinced that the victim was the intended target. Now she and Derek must frantically chase clues and suspects through the streets of San Francisco before another murder becomes front-page news.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Books > Conservation and restoration > Fiction.
Booksellers and bookselling > Fiction.
Rare books > Fiction.
Murder > Investigation > Fiction.
Poisoning > Fiction.
|Genre:||Large print books.
Detective and mystery fiction.
Search for related items by series
- A bibliophile mystery ; 16
- Wheeler large print cozy mystery
- Carlisle, Kate, 1951- Bibliophile mystery ; 16.
- Wheeler large print cozy mystery.
- 4 of 7 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Little Dixie Regional.
- 0 current holds with 7 total copies.